Tuesday, November 16, 2010

a pain free 3.1 miles

A couple of weeks ago I ran in the Cross Country Conference meet for Tabor.  Crazy situation considering I was not on the xc team this year.  But anyway they needed some more runners and so two weeks before conference I knew I was in shape enough so I said I would do it to help the team. 

I have not done cross country the past two season because after my freshman and sophomore year I was burned out of running and suffered from sinus infections.  Amazingly enough after having sinus surgery last January I was blessed with a great track season and was able to go to Nationals!  It is crazy how God used last track season to remind me to never lose hope.  I had definitely lost hope previously...thinking I would never be able to run well ever again.  I was surprised in myself and the way I performed.  This confidence carried into the fall during my off season workouts. 

Preparing to run in the xc meet was kind of different.  I was a little nervous right before the meet but didn't really know how to feel or how I would perform so I was just going to go out and run!  My first mile felt great and was faster then I expected it to be.  Throughout the rest of the race I literally kept thinking and waiting for myself to die or start hurting.  It was almost unreal that it never happened... I finished the race strong and literally didn't hurt at all.  It was also my fastest 5K I had ever run!  After the race I couldn't stop smiling because of the joy I felt.  My mom was also amazed at the way I performed.  The amazing thing was that throughout the whole race I knew it was nothing I had done that made me feel this way, but it was ALL God! 
Reflecting on this race it made me realize even more the hope that comes from God.  I never expected to feel this great after such struggles and pain.  All I know is that God is the one that brought me out of the brokenness and has given me the confidence to persevere and never give up.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you can see the big picture of how God is working through you and especially your pain free run last week! RUN ON!

    ReplyDelete